Friday, October 16, 2009

197/365 10/13/09 Last Day.....SNOW!!!

Last day....flying home...woke up and it was snowing like crazy!! The locals said that this was the earliest it has snowed in years. It was coming down fast...big flakes...32 degrees and what a special site. Snow on the leaves..beautiful! We took some pictures around the inn, said good bye and drove around the Bethel area. The ridge definitely didn't look the same!! We drove out to the Sunday River covered bridge and down some country roads and just delighted in the beauty of the snow!

View from our room






The tree in front of the inn....




Pure Delight!!! Julie was so happy!!





Wonderful Sudbury Inn..great place to stay!




The ridge at Bethel...




















Sunday River Covered Bridge











This trip was great....we witnessed the beauty of the fall leaves at peak color. It amazes me that the leaves that started just simply as green through the spring and summer turn these awesome shades of colors AS THEY ARE DYING... it's like their last hurrah, the glory in the final days of life, like the trees singing hallelujah to the LORD!!
I loved seeing and photographing the beauty of New England but also spending time with good friends. We laughed till we cried, had lots of long talks, made up funny limericks, stopped about a hundred times at Dunkin Donuts, ate lobster and the BEST blueberry pancakes ever, looked at the beauty that surrounded us, and just enjoyed being together. I am thankful for friends who let me be me....who laugh at my silly jokes, who put up with my quirks, who help me through the difficult parts of life and love me no matter what. I'd say it was a great trip!!

Best blueberry pancakes ever!!







Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and Amen.
Psalm 72:19

No comments:

Post a Comment