Saturday, April 3, 2010

90/365 04/02/10 Happy Birthday Rachel!

Five years ago today Rachel came into our lives and life as I knew it changed forever. I became a Nana and a new chapter of my life started. She was a tiny little baby, 3 lbs. 12 oz., spent 12 days in the NICU, and I fell in love the first time I saw her. She was 5 days old the first time I held her and the feelings I had for the child of my child were more than I expected. Many people had told me "wait until you have grandbabies....you won't believe how much you will love them". Well they were right. I think you have to experience it to understand. It's a love like no other--wonderful, sweet, pure, a love without all the responsibility, a kind of second chance to love your own children through their children. It has truly changed me forever.
I can't imagine my life without her. She has brought me 5 years of joy and delight.
I love her so much. Happy Birthday my sweet Rachel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment